Find the location of a cell phone using nothing more than its phone number, some special software and device owner permission.
The police and government can track your location through your cellular network, but is it possible for you – a member of the general public – to trace the whereabouts of a smartphone in the same way?
Spy apps like Spyine allow you to do this, but you need access to the phone and the owner’s permission to install the software on the device first. This is important, because it stops misused apps for snooping. However, it can be a useful solution if you want to monitor young children who are leaving the house unattended, perhaps for the first time.
Compatible with both Android and iPhone phones, Spyine is a well-known software for tracking cell phones remotely, offering frequent location updates. It can also be used to track the activities of other devices.
Spyine is a trusted solution used by parents and employers in more than 190 countries around the world, with more than one million app downloads to date. It doesn’t store or share your personal details.
What information does Spyine reveal?
- Virtual map: This application shows the location of the device on an interactive virtual map. You can also see the location of the device for the previous several weeks
- Address: The location log keeps an eye on the exact address of the location, providing exact street names, addresses, neighborhoods, cities and geographic coordinates
- Google Maps: Integration with Google Maps allows you to access locations with familiar features such as Google 3D Street View
- Time stamp: Spyine keeps track of the time and date the device visited a specific location
Apart from live location tracking, the app also supports tracking SIM cards and mobile networks:
- Phone number tracker: Spyine tracks the SIM card and, by extension, the phone number the person uses. You can ask to be emailed if they change their phone number
- SIM card log: SIM log keeps track of important SIM information, such as the IMEI number
- Location tracker: Location tracker in SIM window can show SIM card location based on mobile network information
No root or jailbreak required
The advantage of using Spyine cell phone tracker is that you don’t have to root or jailbreak the target device. This is a requirement for some such applications.
We don’t recommend rooting or jailbreaking unless you know exactly what you are doing. Not only is it difficult, but it can also leave your device open to malware and data loss. In most cases, this will also void the warranty.
Spyine works on Android and iOS devices and has minimal setup. You will need access to the Android device you wish to track, while the iPhone can be configured remotely when you are connected to the iCloud account of that device.
How to track cell phone location with Spyine
It takes about 10 minutes to set Spyine to track the phone’s location using a phone number.
If you want to track an Android phone, you must first install the Spyine app on that device. You need to register an account and sign up for a monthly subscription, but after that you can manage your account remotely via the dashboard on a second phone or in a computer browser.
Spyine can be installed remotely on iPhone, but you will need to enter your iCloud username and password to do this. The app then accesses iCloud Backup to confirm the location of the device.
Should you subscribe to Spyine?
Spyine works better than a phone lookup service, which cannot track a phone’s real-time location. This app is easy to install and use, and offers several useful features. It’s the most convenient way to trace a cell phone using its phone number.